Summary of Statement of Safeguarding Policy and Procedure (28th April 2019)
Matthew 25:40 says,“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'”
Promoting a Safe Church, complied by the Church House Publishing states, “The heart of Christian Pastoral Care is this: love for God and love for our neighbour, the social expression of which is justice in all human affairs.”
Therefore, the Parochial Church Council (PCC) of Holy Trinity Church West Bromwich, will take all reasonable care to ensure the safety of the children, young people and vulnerable adults involved in all types of church ministry and activity, regularly reviewing this at PCC meetings. As such we will adhere to the Diocesan policy of safer recruitment, training and best practice.
- Christine Pegler and Helen Morrow are our approved Safeguarding Co-ordinators for the calendar year(s) 2018/19 and they are the point of contact through which concerns about safeguarding will be channelled as per the Diocesan Recording with Care Policy 2017.
- They are responsible to the PCC for ensuring that these procedures are implemented. Copies of all policies and procedures are kept in the Church Office. Detailed copies of these policies are available on request. A copy of the Volunteers Safeguarding Handbook is given to all volunteers, this is updated as necessary.
We are committed to:
- the care, welcome, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry for all.
- The safeguarding and protection of children, young people and all adults through best practice, which contributes to the prevention of abuse. This best practice will follow the recommendations of the House of Bishops as published in Protecting All God’s Children (2010) and Promoting a SafeChurch (2006).
- establishing a safe, caring community which provides a loving environment, developing an informed culture of vigilance where issues of abuse or neglect can be disclosed and victims find support.
- full compliance with Health and Safety Guidelines, Safer Recruitment, Recording with Care and Social Media policies.
The PCC is directly responsible for the following ministries and organised groups:
Junior Church, TrinityTots, KidsClub, MessyChurch, TNG, HolidayBibleClub, SoupLunch Club, SocialAfternoon, lnYourService, Cake&Chat, informal drop-ins and small groups.
All other groups using Church premises will satisfy the PCC that they adhere to their own
. Safeguarding policy. If they do not have their own Safeguarding policy they will observe, adopt and implement our own. The exception to this will be for party Hall Hire, where they will only be required to observe our policy, which will be made available to them. (see Hall Hire Policy adopted by thePCC.)
This policy was adopted by Holy Trinity Church West Bromwich PCC on April 28th 2019
Signed by: (Incumbent), and (Church Wardens) on behalf of the whole PCC.
This policy to be continually monitored, and reviewed annually. Next review November 2019.
The Summary Statement of Safeguarding policy and procedures which was adopted on 28th April 2019.